Do you have an up-and-coming baseball (or softball) player who wants to support Redding’s Boys of Summer in the dugout? We always appreciate the opportunity to have your child as part of the Colt 45s team as a batboy or batgirl. Our coaches and players always treat our “batkids” with respect and your child will have a memorable experience!
Here are the rules/expectations:
- All applicants must be at least 9 years of age.
- The batboy or batgirl must be in uniform: white pants, sport shoes (preferably black), and bring your own batting helmet if you have one. We will provide a uniform top for the game.
- For 7:15pm games, arrival time must be no later than 6:30pm. For 6:00pm games, arrival time must be no later than 5:15pm.
- No food is permitted in the dugout.
- Water is provided throughout the game, and your child is allowed to bring a sports drink into the dugout.
- Parents are not allowed past the gate.
- Parents are not allowed in the dugout.
- Parents are not allowed in the clubhouse.
Please be aware that we typically have many more requests than games, so to be fair to everyone you must complete your assigned game before applying again.
You may contact us to sign-up your youngster for this very important and fun role. We will contact you to confirm receipt of your request. If there is an opening in the schedule for your preferred date then we will either confirm this date or ask you to select from another available date.